Norman Rockwell-American Painter
Honor the veterans! Norman Rockwell did.
J. Crew brand has partnered with MasterCard for a commercial for MasterCard MasterPass, a digital service that lets shoppers store their billing and shipping info for quicker checkouts. J.Crew is one of the stores using MasterPass for e-commerce, hence the joint commercial “highlighting MasterPass as shoppers’ shortcut to online holiday shopping at J.Crew,” according to MasterCard.
It is definitely an all American family! What are your thoughts?
Limited-edition collection of customized tech bracelets.
The Council of Fashion Designers of America and EBay have teamed up to bring this fashionable solution that offers stylish people the ability to recharge their cellular phone once the battery runs out. In conjunction with five CFDA members: Mara Hoffman, Michael Bastian, MILLY by Michelle Smith, Rachel Zoe and Shipley & Halmos this limited-edition collection of customized tech bracelets double as a USB cord and phone charger.
The bracelets are $25.00 with free shipping in the US and Canada and will be available at eBay.com/holiday collective beginning November 11 @ 8am PT to 11pm ET. All proceeds benefit the CFDA Foundation.
Pairing wine and candy may be a treat, but what candy and wine go well together, is the trick. Well, a drop of blood hangs from the point of the V on the label called, “Vampire Wines”, may be just the wine for this Halloween. The Vampire wines consist of Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Pinot Grigioi and Chardonnay; under the Dracula Wine label, is the Merlot, Pinot Noir, and Syriah; the True Blood Chardonnay, can be found in wine houses today; and there is the Chateau du Vampire which consists of Cabernet Sauvignon, Roussanne and the Midnight Rendezvous. Is is a trick or treat?
Patrick Gerl of Wine Talk, gives some great advice on how to pair candy and wine:
- Almond Joy or Mounds-pair it with a bottle of Ruffino Prosecco. It is slightly a sparkling wine that is a fruity wine with traits of apple, pear, and citrus. The texture of this wine will be complemented by the creaminess of the cocoa nut.
- Hershey Kisses (dark chocolate)-pair it with a bottle of Banfi Rosa Regale Brachetto. When paired together it is reminiscent of eating a chocolate covered strawberry.
- Three Musketeers-pair it with a bottle of Dreyer Sonoma Cabernet Sauvignon. The wine is fruit forward with nice cherry notes and a touch of spice. The mild tannins of the wine will allow the light chocolate creaminess of the candy to shine through.
- Soft chewy sweets (Jelly beans, gummi bears, and the like-pair it with sweeter styles of wine such as Moscato and sweet Rieslings.
- Some Gummi bears will match better with a complex and concentrated wine such as 2011 Fritz Zimmer Piesporter Michelsberg Auslese Riesling
(luscious sweetness and ripe acidity). Colors of Gummi Bears will match better (pineapple (colorless) and yellow (lemon) and standard jelly bean flavors (red, orange, yellow, green, purple, black, white, and pink)
His name is Roosevelt Wright, III, but he is known as Daddy Ro in our small city of Monroe, Louisiana. He is a poet, motivational speaker, actor, and singer. He is the author of three books, Tenacity, The Power of Possibility, and Rise Beyond Tolerance. Daddy Ro has written a song entitled ” Life Goes Up”, which is a positive song for everyone. This is the first single from Hero44′s 7th Spoken Word Project, SOULAR ECLIPSE, which is due for release early November. The video was shot on location in New Orleans, Louisiana featuring Ro in several locations, skateboarders, dancing, poets, and more. Checkout of the official video and share it with your friends and followers.
Want to download the single, look for Hero44 “Life Goes Up” on iTunes, Google Play, Spotify, Amazon..etc.
Scandal is all the rage. The new season aired October 3, Kerry Washington was nominated for an Emmy Award for Best Leading Actress in a drama series, and there is even talk about a clothing line inspired by the show. Well did you know that Kevin Fredericks, a You Tuber, has created cartoon summaries of each episode of the hit series? It must be pretty good! According to Shadow and Act, Shonda Rhimes, creator of the hit series, shared an episode with her Twitter followers.
If you want to take a look or subscribe to Kevin’s YouTube channel, click here.